The Peru Mission Team had a very blessed trip to Cajamarca, Peru. We witnessed 6 professions of faith as we traveled to the villages of Jocos; Yanachancha; La Laguna and to our host church, Monte Sion Baptist Church. Several others rededicated their life to Jesus.
I know all 19 members of the team thank God for giving us the opportunity to go and share the love of Christ with the people of Peru. It takes a great deal of prayer, work and sacrifice by a lot of people to prepare and travel on such a mission trip. I would like to say thank you to a few of those:
- Dr. Danny Haynes – Bro. Danny had the vision several years ago that God would provide the opportunity for the music ministry of HSBC to go to Peru. Because of his prayers and faithfulness we were able to go.
- Mission Development Committee – for providing the necessary funding for the trip through the endowment fund.
- HSBC members; staff ; family and friends for praying for our team as we traveled and shared Christ with the people of Peru.
- Bro. Doyne Robertson – Pastor in Arkansas and former missionary in Peru who put in countless hours helping us to prepare our trip and being there with us in Peru. He worked with local pastors in the villages; planned our activities and arranged all travel. We could not have gone on the trip without his efforts.
- Miracle Village and Villa Milagro – David Miller, Association Board Member of Villa Milagro and Nancy de Diaz, Administrator at Villa Milagro for accommodations, food, travel and finances.
- Jimena Gallardo, travel agent at Sierra Galana Tours – Jimena planned and arranged all of our travel once we arrived in Lima including our travel to Cajamarca and Cusco. As always she did an outstanding job! She has such a sweet spirit and is a fine Christian lady.
- Pastor Elmer and Monte Sion Baptist Church – they were our host church and provided ministry support as we traveled to different villages. We also enjoyed worshiping with them on Sunday and Wednesday.
- Pastor Raul – he traveled from his mission field in the Amazon jungle to be with us. Raul is a tremendous servant of God and provided mission support and one on one evangelism wherever we traveled.
- John Bridges, HSBC church administrator – John made handling of all the finances very smooth with very clear records for accountability. He transferred all money to Miracle Village (Villa Milagro) and provided travel finances.
- Audrey Swint and Jennifer Lively – for office assistance in preparation for our trip.
- Cheryl Denison – for craft suggestions with ladies of Peru.
- Bro. Bart Morrison – for his leadership in worship as we traveled.
- Terry & Betty Millard – for transportation of the Peru team to/from the airport in Little Rock.
To God be the Glory,
Steve and Martha Walker
I very sincerely appreciate the HSBC team for allowing me to be a part of your group. The spirit and attitude of all of the team members made it a very enjoyable experience. Bart, the music and worship times were special, and I was blessed by the testimonies of Kim and Howard.
Thank you Steve, Martha and Bart, for your careful planning and hard work. It was a great trip. Thanks again for you generous gift.
Thank you so much for the report. I visited with Doyne yesterday and he was still excited about what he described as “a great trip”. I am glad that you and the group got to meet and spend some time with Raul. I imagine you know this but in case you don’t, if not for Hot Springs Baptist, Raul’s ministry would be very difficult, if not impossible, for us to sustain. Because of the love and generosity of HSBC over the last several years many churches have been started and many soul won to the Lord as a result of your support.
As Doyne related to you we really need another medical team or two for next year, so if you will, make this a matter of prayer.
Again, Thanks to all of your group and HSBC as a whole.
BRO STEVE AND THE HOT SPRINGS VOLUNTEER TEAM
ON BEHALF OF JOY AND MYSELF, THANK YOU FOR THE RECENT MISSION TRIP. HOT SPRINGS HAS LONG BEEN A SUPPORTER OF VILLA MILAGRO MINISTRIES. YOU FOLKS HAVE TOUCHED MANY LIVES AND MADE A LASTING IMPRESSION WITH OUR PERUVIAN BROTHERS AND MANY NAMES ARE WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE BECA– USE OF YOU.
WE COULD NOT BE PRESENT BUT OUR PRAYERS WERE. PERHAPS HOT SPRINGS UNDER THE DIRECTION OF OUR LORD CAN/WILL SEND THIS TEAM AND ALSO A MEDICAL/DENTAL TEAM IN 2017.
I KNOW YOU WERE BLESSED FOR HAVING DOYNE WITH YOU.