A SOLEMN ASSEMBLY
By Rev. Manley Beasley Jr., Senior Pastor — Hot Springs Baptist Church
“A Time to Meet with God”
Seeking Revival in our Churches and Awakening in our Nation
Joel 1:14 Consecrate a fast, Proclaim a solemn assembly; Gather the elders And all the inhabitants of the land To the house of the LORD your God, And cry out to the LORD.
The Call to Assemble
- We recognize our absolute dependence on God and our desperate need for divine intervention.
- We believe God is urging us to call all members of Hot Springs Baptist Church to unite in humility and repentance to pray persistently for a moral and spiritual awakening in the Body of Christ.
- We believe this to be necessary for the advancement of our Lord’s kingdom in our community, our state, our nation and the world.
We, the body of Christ at Hot Springs Baptist Church, covenant together to obey this call by taking the following actions. (Read out loud together.)
- We will promote this call as widely as possible.
- Individually, we will commune with God and pray with faith daily.
- Using the prayer guide provided us, we will intercede on behalf of those specific issues listed.
- We will encourage and participate regularly in corporate, believing prayer.
- We will fast as God prompts us.
- We will seek reconciliation and participation with all our brothers and sisters, doing everything in our power to tear down walls of unforgiveness.
- We will pray until God sovereignly acts.
2 Chron 7:13-14 If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, 14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
- Lord, we ask that You break our hearts for our nation
- Father we repent of our apathy and prayerlessness
- We ask that you forgive us for not being salt and light as we have been instructed
- We plead with you to heal our land
1 Tim 2:1-2 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority…
- We pray that our leaders on all levels will have a life transforming encounter with Christ
- We pray that they will have wisdom to stand for righteousness
- We pray that they will be protected from evil
- We ask that the men and women who best represent Your values be elected
- We pray that they will place the best interests of our nation above any political agenda’s they might have
Mic 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?
- We pray for those responsible for making our laws to be guided by Your Spirit even if they don’t realize it
- We pray that our laws will be based on Your Word
- We lift up those who are asked to enforce the laws that they will be wise and just
- We pray for our judges and justices that they will interpret the laws in a way that honors You
2 Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
- We pray for revival for our nation that Your Spirit may move freely among Your people providing an example of true liberty
- We pray that we will be alert to the attack against our freedoms and will elect officials who will stand up for them
- We thank you that we live in a country that promises us the right to pursue liberty as long as it’s not at another’s expense
- We pray for wisdom to know when to stand and for what to stand
Matt 5:16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
- Help us above all else to be ambassadors of Christ
- Give us the courage to stand up for what we believe
- May we put Your agenda above ours
Luke 10:27 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.
- Father we pray that you will reveal anything in our lives that we are placing above you
- We ask for forgiveness for not giving You first place in our lives
- We ask that You fill us with Your love
- We desire that Your love overflow and touch those around us
Deut 4:39-40 Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the Lord, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other. 40 So you shall keep His statutes and His commandments which I am giving you today, that it may go well with you and with your children after you, and that you may live long on the land which the Lord your God is giving you…
- Lord we intercede for our children, grandchildren, and all who are part of the generations following
- Father, we ask that You give us and our leaders the wisdom needed to train up those following in Your ways
- We confess our desire to see them saved for Your glory and their sakes