The Adopt-A-Hawk program is a ministry of Hot Springs Baptist Church which seeks to minister to college students (ages 18-24) looking for a home away from home. Adopt-A-Hawk is designed to pair members of our church family with college students to provide them with a welcome space to relax in, build relationships, and mentor them through this transitional phase of life.
Adopt-A-Hawk strives to provide college students with Christian relationships and mentorships as well as practical escapes from the hectic pace of campus life. Some examples of possible ways families are encouraged to engage with their adopted students are:
- Occasional lunches with your family after Sunday worship
- A home-cooked meal every now and then
- An offer of a place to do laundry, study, or simply get away from campus
- Support at extracurricular events
- A friendship and spiritual mentorship
- Other encouraging demonstrations of God’s love and a meaningful relationship within a local church family.
Our goal is to help college students build meaningful relationships in the Hot Springs community and to build the body of Christ through love and support.
If you are interested in being “adopted” or in “adopting a Hawk,” please click on the button below and fill out an informational form. Matches will be made in early September and you will be contacted shortly afterward with your pairings. We will attempt to pair up two students per family, so if you are a student you may include another student you may be interested in being paired up with.
If you have any questions about the program contact:
College and Young Adult Pastor
Hot Springs Baptist Church