Visitor – Guest – First time?
- How should I dress?
You will see people in a variety of types of clothes from blue jeans to dressy on Sunday mornings. We are usually casual at other service times. We want you to be comfortable.
- Are there activities for my children?
Bed Babies through 5th grade: Those who work with children in our church have passed background checks and always work with at least one other adult. Parents are always welcome to join their kids or check on them. Click here to find out more about our Children’s Ministry.
- Where are you located?
Coming from MLK, Jr. Expy (“the bypass”) or Albert Pike Road, you will likely see our steeple before our sign. Once you are on Weston Road, you will cross the railroad tracks and then our church will be on your right. Click here for Directions on Google Maps.
- What are the Sunday morning services like?
During both Sunday morning services there will be music, a time of greeting, prayer, an offering, and a message from the Bible from one of our pastors. During the time of greeting you won’t be singled out as a guest. We think of ourselves as a very friendly church… please introduce yourself to your new friends sitting around you! There is no expectation for visitors to give an offering. Many members give online, so you won’t stick out if you don’t put anything in the plate.
– 8:30 – 9:30am: Worship is lead by our Celebration Choir & Orchestra. The message is given by the Senior Pastor of our church, Manley Beasley, Jr.
– 11:00am – Noon: Worship is led by a worship team (guitars, keyboard, drums, etc.) and is mostly contemporary with some traditional hymns. The message is given by Young Adult Pastor Tad Moore.
- What are Sunday School classes like?
They meet at 9:45am on Sunday mornings. We call them “Connections Classes,” and they provide a small group setting where we study the Bible, share prayer requests, and discuss together how to be more like Jesus. We have a class for your specific age / life stage, but feel free to visit around. You can find a current listing of classes in the front lobby area outside the sanctuary, or ask someone to direct you. Or you can download a list by clicking here.
- Where do I go when I get there?
We have greeters at every door. They will gladly point you in the right direction. We have complementary coffee and bottled water by the preschool entrance.